1906 View of JCRS Campus, 1906
Panoramic view of the tents, three buildings and the farm at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Various people are standing in front of the tents and buildings. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver. In 1954 the institution changed its mission to cancer research and became the American Medical Center (AMC Cancer Research Center). The sepia photograph is mounted on cardboard.
Rights and Usage Statement
Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
1 items (photograph)
Scope and Contents
From the Series: This series contains a photo album, photographs, bulletin pages, drawings, lithographs, and contact sheets of the campus and buildings, patients and family, staff and volunteers, auxiliaries and conventions, and activities connected with the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society and the AMC Cancer Research Center.
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Good 4.5 x 18.5 inches sepia
Donated by AMC Cancer Research Center as part of the JCRS Records.
Title supplied by archivist.
- From the Collection: Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (U.S.) (Organization)