Oral History Interview with Ben Blumberg, 1977 November 18
Topics covered: Family history, life in Denver, working for the Rocky Mountain News and starting the West End Press; B'nai B'rith and several other organizations: JCC, JCRS, Rose Medical Center, Allied Jewish Federation. Index in file B098.18.0022.0008.
- 1977 November 18
- Blumberg, Benjamin M., 1911-1978 (Interviewee, Person)
Language of Materials
From the Collection: Items are predominantly in English, but recordings feature some Yiddish and Hebrew.
Rights and Usage Statement
Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
2 items (2 sound tape cassettes)
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: RMJHS Oral Histories comprises audio and video cassettes of oral history interviews recorded by the Rocky Mountain Jewish Historical Society. The recordings document Jewish history and culture in Colorado in the 19th and 20th century. The men and women interviewed for this collection are descendants of early Jewish pioneers in Colorado or were Jewish newcomers to the region at the beginning of the 20th century. Most of the interviewees were born between 1886 and 1927 and died in the 20th century. Many of them were founders and/or leaders of Jewish organizations, religious groups, medical and social centers, schools, and businesses in Colorado.
Digitized other analog
- Allied Jewish Federation of Colorado
- Denver (Colo.)
- Ex-Patients' Tubercular Home (Denver, Colo.)
- Independent Order of B'nai B'rith. Denver Lodge No. 171 (Denver, Colo.)
- Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (U.S.)
- Jewish newspapers
- Jewish physicians
- Jews -- Colorado -- Charities
- Newspaper publishing
- Oral histories
- Robert E. Loup Jewish Community Center
- Rocky Mountain News
- Rose Medical Center
- Tuberculosis -- Hospitals -- Denver (Colo.)
- West End Press (Denver, Colo.)