Skip to main content

Tau Epsilon Phi Fraternity Collection

 Collection
Identifier: B256
Tau Epsilon Phi was founded in 1910 at Columbia University in response to Jewish men not being allowed in other similar organizations. The fraternity began and exclusively Jewish but began accepting non-Jewish in the 1950s, mostly Catholics. The Tau Eta Chapter of Tau Epsilon Phi at the University of Denver was founded February 21, 1931 and closed in 1973. Collection contains paddles, plaques, one loving cup, photographs, scrapbooks, charters, fraternity roster cards, member directories, business correspondence, and a house lease related to Tau Epsilon Phi from 1931 to 1980.

Dates

  • 1931-1980

Creator

Extent

14.75 Linear Feet (6 containers) : 2 print boxes, 2 roll storage boxes, one record box, one map case darwer