Skip to main content

Guaranty Bank and Trust Records

 Collection
Identifier: B425

Overview

The Guaranty Bank and Trust Company was founded in June 1955 by a group of Jewish businessmen to create access for Jewish businesses to get loans. Anti-Semitism made it difficult for Jews to get loans from other banks. Walter A. Woods, Herbert Horwich, and Ira L. Quiat signed the original Articles of Incorporation. The stylized "G" logo was created in 2006. In 2017, the Guaranty Bank was purchased and merged into the Independent Bank out of Texas. The collection contains copies of corporate papers from 1955 to 1979. There is also an image of the stylized "G" neon sign from the Boulder Branch of Guaranty Bank.

Dates

  • 1955-2016

Creator

Biographical / Historical

The Guaranty Bank and Trust Company was founded in June 1955 by a group of Jewish businessmen to create access for Jewish businesses to get loans. Anti-Semitism made it difficult for Jews to get loans from other banks. Many of the same businessmen also helped fund the General Maurice Rose Memorial Hospital. Walter A. Woods, Herbert Horwich, and Ira L. Quiat signed the original Articles of Incorporation. The first Board of Directors included Joe Alpert and Joseph Pepper. The original bank was located at 811 17th street. There were branches of the Guaranty Bank throughout Colorado. The "G" logo was created in 2006. In 2017, the Guaranty Bank was purchased and in January 1919 it became the Independent Bank out of Texas.

Extent

15.3 Megabytes : digital images

Scope and Contents

Walter A. Woods, Herbert Horwich, and Ira L. Quiat signed the original Articles of Incorporation. The corporate papers are from June 1955 when the Guaranty Bank was incorporated to 1979. The stylized "G" logo was trademarked in 2006 and the collection contains a neon sign with the "G" logo that was on the Boulder, Colorado branch building.
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin

Repository Details

Part of the Special Collections and Archives Repository

Contact:
2150 East Evans Avenue
Denver CO 80208
(303) 871-3428