Oheb Zedek Congregation Cornerstone
Oheb Zadek congregation was founded by a group which broke away from the Beth HaMedrosh Hagadol Congregation (BMH)in 1910. During 1920's it had become the second largest congregation in Denver. The congregation met in various local halls until 1919, when it built a brick structure at 22nd and Marion. The cornerstone is from the "Marion Street Shul." By the 1940s the splinter congregation had returned to BMH and building was sold because of financial problems.
- Other: 1919
- Congregation Oheb Zadek (Denver, Colo.) (Organization)
2.25 Linear Feet (needs to be wrapped) : cornerstone ; 27 x 14 x 9 inches
Inscription: ORGANIZED 1910, OHEB ZADEK CONGREGATION, ERECTED 1919
Verified 2015 March 20 in Mary Reed Building, Level 3 N, Range 11, Section 13, on floor. To be moved to Hampden Center at later date. (adr)
- Description rules