Skip to main content

Pueblo Jewish Community Collection

 Series
Identifier: B220
Pueblo, Colorado's Jewish community really solidified in 1886 with the founding of the Hebrew Benevolent Union although Jews had been in Pueblo since the 1870s. The first congregation was started in 1895. In 1900, Temple Emanuel, a reform temple was built and the orthodox later incorporated as B'nai Jacob. In 1950, the United Hebrew Center was formed. Over the century a once sizable Jewish population has dwindled. Temple Emanuel still operates today with about 30 families.

Collection contains financial paperwork, bank books, membership records, scrapbook and a calendar related to the Pueblo Jewish community from 1920 through 1981.

Dates

  • 1906-2013

Creator

Extent

2.0 Linear Feet (2 containers)

Scope and Contents

Collection contains financial paperwork, bank books, membership records, scrapbook and a calendar related to the Pueblo Jewish community from 1920 through 1981.

Repository Details

Part of the Special Collections and Archives Repository

Contact:
2150 East Evans Avenue
Denver CO 80208
(303) 871-3428