Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Overview This collection contains the adminstrative papers of the Central City Opera Guild consisting of materials on programs and events such as L'Esprit de Noël and Fashion Shows, board materials, Prseidents' notebooks, newsletters, clippings, and scrapbooks.
Overview The Central City Opera House Association is a non-profit organization founded in 1931 to manage and preserve the Central City Opera House located in Central City, Colorado and to direct annual summer opera festivals. Heirs of Peter McFarlane, a Central City businessman who owned the Opera House prior to 1931, donated the building to the University of Denver in 1931. The real estate holdings of the University of Denver were transferred back to the Association in 1982. The Association held...
Overview This collection contains materials relating to the life of Lillian Cushing McFarlane. It includes photographs, photo albums, invitations and correspondence.
Overview Collection contains papers, framed and loose photographs, clippings, publications, scrapbooks, correspondence, mementos, and other papers and materials related and/or belonging to Mary McGlone.
Overview Jessie Shwayder Harsham (named after her grandfather) is a descendant of the Shwayder family, one of the first Jewish families to settle in Colorado. The first member of the extended family, Abraham Rittmaster, arrived in Colorado in the early 1860s and encouraged other family members, including the Rachofskys, Kobeys, and Shwayders to join him in his successful dry goods enterprise in Central City, Colorado. Some family members migrated to other communities in the state, and the Kobeys...
Overview Tillye Shulman Levy was one of the Denver Jewish community’s most dedicated and effective volunteers. Born in Central City in 1895, she first became involved in philanthropic charity work as a young woman, after meeting Fannie Lorber, the longtime president of the Denver Sheltering Home for Jewish Children. As a teenager, Tillye worked at the Denver Trunk Factory in downtown Denver, located next door to the Lorber Shoe Company. Mrs. Lorber interested Tillye in the children and soon she was...
This collection contains maps assembled for interpretive use in support of the various collections, and illustration of the areas in which the various University of Denver campus buildings have been located over time.
- Subject: Central City (Colo.) X
- Central City Opera House (Central City, Colo.) 3
- Central City Opera House Association (Central City, Colo.) 2
- University of Denver 2
- Aguilar, Grace, 1816-1847 1
- Ben Wisebart, Wide Awake Clothiers 1
- Central City Opera Festival 1
- Congregation Emanuel (Denver, Colo.) 1
- Cushing, Lillian 1
- Harsham, Ted E. 1
- Jewish Family and Children's Service. (Denver, CO) 1
- Kobey family 1
- Kobey, Abraham, d. 1921 1
- Kobey, Miriam Rachofsky, 1840-1921 1
- Levy, Tillye Shulman (Matilda), 1895-1984 1
- Lotito, Robert F., 1925-1981 1
- Mary McGlone 1
- McFarlane, Ida Kruse, 1872-1940 1
- McFarlane, Peter 1
- National Council of Jewish Women. Denver Section 1
- Rachofsky Family 1
- Shwayder Family 1
- Shwayder, Isaac, 1855-1916 1
- Shwayder, Rachel Leah Kobey, 1858-1938 1
- Teller House Casino and Museum 1
- University of Denver. University Libraries. Special Collections and Archives 1
- Wisebart family 1
- Wisebart, Benjamin W., 1841-1895 1
- Wisebart, Celestine Lesem, 1858-1918 1
- Wisebart, Clara Dreyfoos 1
- Wisebart, Rosetta, 1889-1918 1 ∧ less