Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview In 1926, Beth David Sisterhood was founded in an effort to create a new Hebrew school and Jewish social center for the West Colfax area of Denver, Colorado. The Beth David Hebrew School and Center met at the home of the Reverend and Mrs. Jacob Gordon at 1490 Julian Street. In November 1928, Beth David Sisterhood formed an alliance with Beth David Brotherhood and the Denver Hebrew Institute, and this group became known as the Hebrew Educational Alliance in 1929. The collection consists of the...
Overview Rabbi Manuel Laderman was the first full-time spiritual leader at the Hebrew Educational Alliance, serving as Rabbi for 42 years and then as Rabbi Emeritus until his death in 1989. He was also the head of the City of Denver’s department of health and hospitals. Collection contains materials related to Rabbi Manuel Laderman including Ordinance No. 435 to name the new East wing of Denver General after Rabbi Laderman, dedication materials, news clippings, tributes, and posthumous memorials related...