Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
In 1910, Max and Edward Neusteter moved to Denver and founded the Neusteter's high fashion women's clothing store. It was located on 16th Street in downtown Denver for many decades until it closed in 1986. The Neusteters were also active philanthropists, and Max underwrote the creation of the Max Neusteter Rehabilitation Building on the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) campus in 1928. The collection consists of photographs related to family members and the store, a Neusteters' box...
Mrs. Aaron (Ray) Shapiro was born and raised in New York City and became involved in the fund raising activity for the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society as a member of the New York Ladies' Auxiliary. The collection consists of an 1899 photograph of Ray Shapiro and a photograph of a plaque for a building on the JCRS campus erected with funds collected by the New York Ladies' Auxiliary.
- Names: Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (U.S.)
- Subject: Philanthropists