Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract Seraphine Eppstein Pisko was Executive-Secretary of National Jewish Hospital from 1911 to 1938. She was involved in both Jewish and secular social organizations, holding executive positions in the Hebrew Ladies' Benevolent Society, National Council of Jewish Women, and National Jewish Hospital. The collection, intentionally assembled by the Beck Archives, consists of papers providing biographical information about Pisko as well as letterhead and invitations from National Jewish Hospital and...
Abstract Mary Jacobs (1902-1994) grew up in Denver and was involved extensively with social service organizations in Denver including the National Council of Jewish Women, which she was President of Council 1954-55, Jewish Family and Children's Services and the Allied Jewish Community Council. The Mary Jacobs Papers contains newspaper clippings, correspondence, programs, by-laws, speeches, notes, board meeting agenda, newsletters and notebooks related to Mary Jacobs from 1950 through 1988.
Abstract The National Council of Jewish Women, Denver Section (NCJW) was a women's philanthropic organization founded by Carrie Benjamin in October 1893 to serve the Denver, Colorado Jewish community. Most of the early members were also members of Temple Emanuel in Denver and the collection details the contributions of women to social causes in Denver. Education was an early priority of the Denver Section and classes were held to serve Eastern European Jewish immigrants in the West Colfax area of...
- Denver (Colo.) 2
- Charities -- Colorado -- Denver 1
- Charity organization 1
- Hospital administrators -- Denver (Colo.) 1
- Jewish refugees 1
- Jews -- Colorado -- Denver 1
- Oral histories 1
- Social service -- Colorado -- Denver 1
- Women in charitable work -- Denver (Colo.) 1
- Women philanthropists 1 ∧ less
- Allied Jewish Community Council of Denver 1
- Benjamin, Carrie (Caroline Shevelson), 1841-1931 1
- Jacobs, Mary N., 1904-1992 1
- Jewish Family and Children's Service. (Denver, CO) 1
- National Jewish Health (U.S.) 1