Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2

Maimonides Society Records

 Collection
Identifier: B197
Overview The Maimonides Society was established mid-1982 as an affiliate of the Center for Judaic Studies at the University of Denver. It was established to support the Center for Judaic Studies through donor development, public programming and Jewish cultural events. They also produced a newsletter publication "The Maimonidean." The organization lasted from 1982-1987.Collection contains mailing lists, patron files, correspondence, newsletters, newspaper clippings, and administrative...
Dates: 1977-1987

Rabbi C. E. Hillel Kauvar Papers

 Collection
Identifier: B221
Overview Rabbi Charles E. Hillel Kauvar was a rabbi for 69 years at the Beth Ha Medrosh Hagodol (The Great House of Learning) Synagogue in Denver, Colorado. He was also a professor of rabbinical literature at the University of Denver for 43 years and helped establish the Center for Judaic Studies at the University. After he retired from teaching, the University of Denver honored him by establishing a Kauvar Chair of Hebraic Studies. Rabbi Kauvar was born in Vilna, Lithuania in 1879 and began as rabbi...
Dates: 1930-1978

Filtered By

  • Names: University of Denver. Center for Judaic Studies X
  • Subject: Denver (Colo.) X

Filter Results