Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Overview This collection contains materials intentionally assembled by Beck Archives. Materials relate to past and present Jewish congregations, which were or still are located in Denver, Colorado, or the western United States. Materials are originals or copies of items dating from 1906-2004, including receipts, correspondence, newspaper clippings, newsletters, member and founder lists, event programs, invitations, legal documents, interview transcripts, brochures, slichos, Hebrew Bibles, and historical...
Dates: c. 1800-2015
Overview The Rocky Mountain News microfilmed records and recived some microfilms from other organizations. Collection contains microfilmed copies of the following publications and organizations: the Intermountain Jewish News, records from the Jewish community in Colorado Springs, a William S. Friedman Scrapbook, the Rose Hill Cemetery Association, the Denver Jewish Outlook, the American Israelite, the American Jewish Archives Files,, the I.M. Beck Microfilming Project of Colorado Jewish History, B'nai...
Dates: Other: 1800-2014
Overview Joseph Gass (1870-1943) and his brother Samuel Gass moved to Liverpool, UK. In the 1880s and they immigrated to the United States in 1890. Joseph Gass lived in the failed agrigultural colony at Atwood, Colorado. He moved to Denver, Colorado and married Mollie Kadish in 1896. Mollie Kadish was born in Russia and was brought to Denver by her father Harry Kadish in 1890 from Brest Litovsk, which was part of Russia until 1918. Harry Kadish was an officer in the Russian cavalry during the Crimean...
Dates: between 1870-2013
Overview This collections contains programs from the Rocky Mountain Ballet, previously known as Colorado Ballet. Rocky Mountain Ballet was based in Colorado Springs, CO and ran by the director, Ilse Reese Gahart.
Overview As did most Jewish families, Paul Michael and his wife Bessie Radetsky Saliman settled on the west side near Sloan's Lake in 1886. Paul Michael pushed a cart through the alleys of Denver collecting rags and junk to re-sell, finally developing a business of collecting, cleaning and recycling milk bottles for local dairies. Michael Saliman was a leader of west Denver and when he died in 1910 it was said that "all of West Colfax shut down." Collection contains family tree that covers 1873-1981, a...
Dates: 1904-1981; Coverage: 1873-1981
Overview Sons of Israel Association first organized in Colorado Springs in 1903 and established a cemetery. By 1911, they acquired their first building. The organization went through many changes and struggles over years but combined with another temple to become Temple Shalom in 1971. Collection contains framed drawings of Jewish Prophets from the Sons of Israel Congregation. from 1930 through 1940.
Dates: circa 1935
Overview Beatrice Greenberg Tober was born July 21, 1911 and married Jack Tober. She received a placque and a letter of thanks from the National Jewish Welfare Board for donations to couples of the armed forces on their wedding day. She was a civic worker and was Community Chest co-chair for many years in Colorado Springs. She received a placque and letter of thanks from the Air Force Acadamy Jewish Chaplain Program for volunteer service for Jewish cadets during 1953 to 1969. Collection contains a...
- Subject: Colorado Springs (Colo.) X
- University of Denver. Center for Judaic Studies. Ira M. Beck Memorial Collection of Rocky Mountain Jewish History 2
- Beth Joseph Congregation (Denver, Colo.) 1
- Congregation Sons of Israel (Colorado Springs, Colo.) 1
- Congregation Zera Abraham (Denver, Colo.) 1
- Friedman, William S., Rabbi, 1868-1944 1
- Gass, Alan Golin 1
- Gass, Joseph, 1870-1943 1
- Golden Eagle Dry Goods Company (Denver, Colo.) 1
- Golin, May Margaret 1
- Guldman, Leopold Henry, 1852-1936 1
- Independent Order of B'nai B'rith. Denver Lodge No. 171 (Denver, Colo.) 1
- Intermountain Jewish News 1
- Kadish , Harry , 1818-1926 1
- Mount Sinai Congregation (Cheyenne, Wyo.) 1
- National Jewish Welfare Board 1
- Rose Hill Cemetery (Commerce City, Colo.) 1
- Saliman Family 1
- Saliman, Richard S. (Dick), 1915-2010 1
- Sargent, John Singer, 1856-1925 1
- Temple Emanuel (Pueblo, Colo.) 1
- Temple Shalom (Colorado Springs, Colo.) 1
- Temple Sinai (Denver, Colo.) 1
- Tober, Bea Greenberg, 1911 1
- Tober, Jack 1
- United States Air Force Academy 1
- United States. Department of the Interior 1 ∧ less