Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview The Beck Archives Photograph Collection contains photographs, negatives, and other materials which reflect the rich, varied, and vibrant Jewish experience in the Rocky Mountain region, with a special emphasis on Colorado. It also contains some photographs from other states and countries.
Dates: 1790-2006; 1790 - 2006
Overview The Industrial Removal Office (IRO) was created in New York to Americanize Eastern European Jews, find jobs for the immigrants, and relocate them throughout the United States. The Jewish Relief Society and the Independent Order of B'nai B'rith (B'nai B'rith) in Denver worked to resettle the immigrants in Colorado. Lesser Levy and Milton Schayer headed the industrial removal committee of the B'nai B'rith. The collection contains copies of correspondence from the Industrial Removal Office Records...
Overview The National Council of Jewish Women, Denver Section (NCJW) was a women's philanthropic organization founded by Carrie Benjamin in October 1893 to serve the Denver, Colorado Jewish community. Most of the early members were also members of Temple Emanuel in Denver and the collection details the contributions of women to social causes in Denver. Education was an early priority of the Denver Section and classes were held to serve Eastern European Jewish immigrants in the West Colfax area of...
Overview Dr. Charles Spivak was born in Russia in 1861 and died in Denver, Colorado in 1927. He arrived in New York City in 1882 and graduated from Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. In 1893, Charles Spivak married Jennie Charsky and they had three children: David, Deena, and Ruth. Jennie Charsky was born in Russia in 1871 and briefly studied law at Cornell before graduating from the University of Denver. Because of Jennie's poor health the Spivaks moved to Denver in 1886. Dr....
- Subject: Jewish refugees X
- Benjamin, Carrie (Caroline Shevelson), 1841-1931 1
- Independent Order of B'nai B'rith. Denver Lodge No. 171 (Denver, Colo.) 1
- Industrial Removal Office 1
- Jewish Relief Society (Denver, Colo.) 1
- National Council of Jewish Women. Denver Section 1
- Rocky Mountain Jewish Historical Society 1
- Schayer, Milton M. (Milton Mincha), 1876-1935 1
- Sifriyah ha-leʼumit (Israel). National Library of Israel 1
- Spivak, C. D. (Charles D.), 1861-1927 1
- Spivak, Haim David, 1893-1932 1
- Spivak, Jennie Charsky, 1869-1965 1
- Strauss, Deena Spivak, 1895-1989 1
- University of Denver. Center for Judaic Studies. Ira M. Beck Memorial Collection of Rocky Mountain Jewish History 1 ∧ less