Showing Collections: 11 - 16 of 16
Overview The Jewish Social Service Federation was founded in 1912 and ceased operations in 1916. It was organized as a federation of the Jewish charities and social service agencies of Denver. Garfield A. Berlinsky was head of the Denver Federation, but resigned in 1915. He investigated conditions in Denver for the National Conference of Jewish Charities. National Jewish Hospital and some community members criticized his report and methods. "The Story of the Opposition of the National Jewish Hospital...
Overview Linas Hazedek was established as an Orthodox Jewish non-profit benevolent organization. The constitution for the organization dates to September 1921, although the organization was not incorporated by the State of Colorado until 1955. The organization provided visits to sick members and performed services and last rites for deceased members. All donations to the organization were to be used for the funeral expenses of the members. It operated originally at the Synagogue at Hooker Street and...
Overview The Maimonides Society was established mid-1982 as an affiliate of the Center for Judaic Studies at the University of Denver. It was established to support the Center for Judaic Studies through donor development, public programming and Jewish cultural events. They also produced a newsletter publication "The Maimonidean." The organization lasted from 1982-1987.Collection contains mailing lists, patron files, correspondence, newsletters, newspaper clippings, and administrative...
Overview Ray Morris David was known as the "Little Mother to the Poor" in Denver after she was hired to supervise relief activities for the Denver Jewish Aid Society. Ray David was born in Mobile, Alabama in 1864, the daughter of German Jewish parents, and died in Denver, Colorado in 1945. She married David David in 1885, but was widowed early and had to support five children. Her first paid position was as a quasi-social worker at National Jewish Hospital and she worked with Seraphine...
Overview Rose Community Foundation is a philanthropic foundation that supports the Greater Denver Area. The foundation was formed with the assets from the sale of Rose Medical Center in 1995. Materials from the Rose Community Foundation including event ephemera, an annual report and several betamax tapes, VHS tapes, and DVDs.
Dates: Other: 2000-2017
Overview Collection contains 2 digitized scrapbooks from Richard B. Tucker (Denver area banker and philanthropist) from 1968 through 2003 and one scrapbook about David E. Eisenberg (violinist) from 1922-1944. Richard B. Tucker's mother, Sylvia Eisenberg Tucker, was David E. Eisenberg’s sister.
- Subject: Jews -- Colorado -- Charities X
- Allied Jewish Federation of Colorado 2
- Independent Order of B'nai B'rith. Denver Lodge No. 171 (Denver, Colo.) 2
- National Jewish Hospital (U.S.) 2
- Allied Jewish Community Council of Denver 1
- American Jewish Committee, Colorado Chapter 1
- American Legion. Department of Colorado 1
- Bikur Cholim Society (Denver, Colorado) 1
- Boguslawski, Moissaye 1
- David, Ray (Ray Sarah Morris), 1864-1945 1
- Denver Chapter of Hadassah 1
- Eisenberg, David E., 1901-1957 1
- Friedman, Rhoda 1
- Grossman, Abraham 1
- Grossman, Adeline 1
- Grossman, Sydney Harold, 1908-1981 1
- Hadassah, the Women's Zionist Organization of America 1
- Harry Pells Insurance Agency 1
- Hebrew Progressive Club of Greeley (Greeley, Colo.) 1
- Hoffman, Lillian, 1913-1996 1
- Industrial Removal Office 1
- JEWISHcolorado 1
- Jewish Relief Society (Denver, Colo.) 1
- Jewish Social Service Federation (Denver, Colo.) 1
- Kauvar, Belle Bluestone 1
- Kauvar, C. E. Hillel, Rabbi, 1879-1971 1
- Kneseth Israel 1
- Linas Hazedek of West Denver 1
- Pells, Harry J., 1898-1991 1
- Rose Community Foundation 1
- Schayer, Milton M. (Milton Mincha), 1876-1935 1
- Steinhauser, Sheldon 1
- Szold, Henrietta, 1860-1945 1
- Tucker, Richard B., 1929-2009 1
- Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations of America 1
- United States. Marine Corps 1
- University of Denver. Center for Judaic Studies 1
- University of Denver. Center for Judaic Studies. Ira M. Beck Memorial Archives (Beck Archives) 1
- Yeshiva Toras Chaim (Denver, Colo.) 1
- Zwerin, Raymond A., 1936- 1 ∧ less