Showing Collections: 11 - 16 of 16
Overview Mabel E. (Wickham) Allen (1912-2003) was an alum of Colorado Woman's College (1931) and the University of Denver, Lamont School of Music (1933). This collection contains materials related to Mabel's training and performance as a violinist and her career as a music teacher in Colorado. The materials include textiles, scrapbooks, photographs, memorabilia, diplomas, certificates, books, and other papers.
Dates: 1925 - 2003
Overview Mary Coyle Chase (1907-1981) wrote plays as well as two novels for children. She became an author in Denver after working as a reporter for the Rocky Mountain News for 14 years. Her most beloved play was Harvey, a fantasy of a convivial tippler and his imaginary six foot white rabbit named Harvey, which won the Pulitzer Prize for drama in 1945. Harvey was a huge success on Broadway and later as a movie starring James Stewart. The printed version is available in nearly every language. The...
Overview R. Russell Porter (1908-1995) served as Head of the University Theater and Chairman of the School of Communication Arts at the University of Denver, Denver, Colorado from 1964 to 1976. In addition to his teaching and administrative functions, Porter wrote, directed, and produced plays, operas and radio dramas. He also acted in plays and radio dramas. Many of his artistic endeavors were librettos written with Normand Lockwood who was composer-in-residence at the University of Denver from...
Overview This collection consists of keepsakes owned by Stephen Seifert during his tenure as the Executive Director of the Newman Center for the Performing Arts. Many items are presumed to have been given as commemorative gifts to Stephen Seifert, others to be his personal collectibles.
Dates: Date Not Yet Determined
Overview The Robert and Judi Newman Center for the Performing Arts is an administrative unit of the University of Denver reporting directly to the Office of the Provost. The building, constructed in 2002 - 2003 through the generous donation of Robert and Judi Newman, consists of several performance halls, and houses the Lamont School of Music and the business and operations staff for the Newman Center. The collection consists of adminstrative records, banners, posters, programs, and other marketing...
Dates: 2003 - 2014
- Subject: Performing arts X
- University of Denver. Department of Theatre 2
- Allen, John 1
- Allen, Mabel E. (Wickham) 1
- Bercu Family 1
- Billie Stein's Harmony Girls Band 1
- Brown, Joan C. 1
- Centennial Towers (Denver, Colo.) 1
- Chase, Mary, 1907-1981 1
- Chicago Hide, Fur and Wool Company 1
- Colorado Contemporary Dance 1
- Gross, Dorothy Bercu, 1917-2015 1
- Hawkins, Bobbie Louise 1
- Jewish Family and Children's Service. (Denver, CO) 1
- Lamont School of Music 1
- National Council of Jewish Women. Denver Section 1
- Porter, R. Russell (Robert Russell), 1908-1986 1
- Robert and Judi Newman Center for the Performing Arts (Denver, Colo.) 1
- Seifert, Stephen 1
- Stein, Billie (Lillian), 1907-2002 1
- Stein, William, 1896-1982 1
- Taylor-Corbett, Lynne 1
- University of Denver. School of Theater 1
- Wiesel, Elie, 1928-2016 1 ∧ less