Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10

AMC Cancer Research Center Records

 Collection
Identifier: B360
Abstract In 1954 Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) changed its mission to cancer research and became the American Medical Center and later known as the AMC Cancer Research Center. AMC completely merged with the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center in 2014. Collection contains board of trustee's minutes, committee minutes, reports, AMC By-laws, name plates, posters, publications, programs, photographs, and scrapbooks related to the AMC Cancer Research Center from 1957 through 2012....
Dates: Other: 1904-2012

Beck Archives' Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society Collection

 Collection
Identifier: B307
Abstract Dr. Jeanne Abrams of the Rocky Mountain Jewish Historical Society of the Center for Judaic Studies collected materials of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society separate from the JCRS Records. Collection contains a draft of "The Origins of Denver's JCRS" by Dr. Charles Spivak, newspaper articles, issues of patients' magazine Hatikvah, contribution forms, "Thirty Years of Saving Lives" history of JCRS sanitorium, JCRS programs and pamphlets and, books related JCRS from 1900 through 1982.
Dates: 1900-1982

Beth Israel Hospital and Geriatric Center Records

 Collection
Identifier: B127
Abstract In 1918 the Moshev Zkenim (Organization of Elders) Home and Society was incorporated in Denver with Ed Grimes (who had been a Cotopaxi resident) as president. The cornerstone was laid on June 22, 1919. The facility opened in 1920 and the name was changed to the Beth Israel Hospital Home. A second three story building opened in 1946, the Beth Israel Home for the Aged. The old building was used for chonically ill and the new building provided hospital and geriatric care. In the 1970s the name was...
Dates: Other: 1917-1995

Edward Simon Papers

 Collection
Identifier: B329
Abstract

Edward Elias Simon was a long-time board member and president of the Jewish Community Center (JCC) from 1967 to 1969. He initiated a development fund during his presidency of the JCC and the new facilities were dedicated in August of 1972. The collection includes material on the expansion project of the JCC, administrative materials, photographs, and newsclippings.

Dates: 1958-1982

Gordon Sign Company Records

 Collection — Box: B421.01.0001
Identifier: B421
Dates: 2018

Green Gables Country Club Photographs and Records

 Collection
Identifier: B335
Abstract Green Gables Country Club was the suburban successor of the Progress Club (1885-1929). The club was founded by 8 Jewish business men because Jews were often denied membership to similar organizations. The historic club became a social center for Denver’s well-to-do Jewish Community. It sat on 152-acres at 6800 W. Jewell Ave., unincorporated land next to Lakewood. Financially difficulties and declining membership closed the club in 2011 and the land sold to a housing developer for $15 million....
Dates: 1928-2011

Hirschfeld Family Papers

 Collection
Identifier: B166
Abstract A. B. (Abraham Bernard) Hirschfeld was born in Cincinnati, Ohio, in 1888. In 1904 he moved to Denver, Colorado, and in 1907 he started A. B. Hirschfeld Press. A. B. Hirschfeld's son Edward Hirschfeld (1907-1984) worked alongside his father and held leadership positions in the family business after his father's death in 1957. Edward's son A. Barry Hirschfeld served as president of the family printing business, which is now called National Hirschfeld. In 2005, Hirschfeld Press merged with...
Dates: 1934-2007

Kenneth R. Gottesfeld Papers

 Collection
Identifier: B377
Abstract Kenneth R. Gottesfeld was a pioneer in the development of the diagnostic ultrasound method in obstetrics and gynecology. He received his medical degree from the University of Colorado and during his residency he did research for Dr. Joseph Holmes and Dr. Horace Thompson, Denver pioneers in diagnostic medical ultrasound. He travelled to England and studied with Dr. Ian Donald, considered the founder of obstetrical sonography. Kenneth Gottesfeld was credited with the initial sonographic...
Dates: 1964-1988

Sandra Arkin Papers

 Collection
Identifier: B238
Abstract Collection contains publications, pamphlets, newsletters, newsclippings, certificates, and recognitions related to Sandra Arkin.
Dates: 1989-2006

Yeshiva Toras Chaim Records

 Collection
Identifier: B267
Abstract Originally located 1400 Quitman Denver, Colorado, Yeshiva Toras Chaim is a Talmudical Seminary that opened in 1967. In 1997, they acquired the former sire of the Hebrew Educational Alliance and renovated the Stuart Street campus in 2016. Collection contains Yeshiva Toras Chaim publications and Intermountain Jewish News clippings related to the Yeshiva Toras Chaim from 1967 through 1980 and a DVD presentation from 2012.
Dates: 1967-2012

Filtered By

  • Subject: Publications X
  • Subject: Denver (Colo.) X

Filter Results

Additional filters:

Subject
Denver (Colo.) 8
Albums (Books) 3
Photographs 3
Corporate minutes 2
Jewish families -- Colorado 2
∨ more  
Names
A.B. Hirschfeld Press 1
AMC Cancer Research Center (Denver, Colo.) 1
AMC Cancer Research Center and Hospital (Denver, Colo.) 1
Abrams, Jeanne E., 1951- 1
American Medical Center (Denver, Colo.) 1