Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Overview The large Glazerlach (Goldberg) family from Brest-Liovsk organized their own Chassidic (hasidic) congregation in 1885 in the home of Rabbi David Radinsky. The Congregation Mogen David (Shield of David), better know as the Glazerlach Shul, was housed in a brightly painted frame house on the west bank of the Platte River, next to Radinsky Rag factory. The location was prone to flooding and in the 1909 flood the synagogue was filled with eight feet of water. The Mogen David was one of two...
Dates: circa 1890
Found in: Special Collections and Archives