Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview Collection contains documents, publications, and ephemera intentionally assembled by Beck Archives. A letter from Dr. Sigmund Freud is in the collection. In the letter he mentions that he was supposed to named after his grandfather Solomon, but the registrar of names mixed up the first and second names.
Overview The Rocky Mountain News microfilmed records and recived some microfilms from other organizations. Collection contains microfilmed copies of the following publications and organizations: the Intermountain Jewish News, records from the Jewish community in Colorado Springs, a William S. Friedman Scrapbook, the Rose Hill Cemetery Association, the Denver Jewish Outlook, the American Israelite, the American Jewish Archives Files,, the I.M. Beck Microfilming Project of Colorado Jewish History, B'nai...
Overview This collection contains materials related to Rabbi William S. Friedman and intentionally assembled by Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries. Friedman was the leader of Temple Emanuel (Denver, Colorado) from 1889 to 1939; he was involved in a number of religious and secular activities in the Denver community. He died in California in 1944 and is buried in Emanuel (Fairmount) Cemetery in Denver. Materials in the collection include newspaper clippings, correspondence, one...
Overview In 1899, the Jewish community erected National Jewish Hospital (NJH), the first sanatorium in Denver, Colorado for tuberculosis victims. With the financial assistance of the International Order of B'nai B'rith, the hospital served Jews and gentiles alike and accepted indigent patients free of charge. The NJH adopted a program that emphasized the benefits of fresh air, good nutrition, and rest. Some of the physicians associated with the hospital included Dr. Saling Simon, Dr. Robert Levy, and...
- Names: Friedman, William S., Rabbi, 1868-1944 X
- Jews -- Colorado -- Denver 2
- Asthma -- Treatment 1
- Colorado 1
- Colorado Springs (Colo.) 1
- Correspondence 1
- Crypto-Jews 1
- Denver (Colo.) 1
- Documents on microfilm 1
- Ephemera (General) 1
- Jewish hospitals -- Colorado -- Denver 1
- Jewish newspapers 1
- Jewish physicians -- Colorado -- Denver 1
- Jewish religious education 1
- Jewish women -- Colorado -- Denver 1
- Jews -- Colorado -- Social life and customs 1
- Medical research personnel 1
- Montana 1
- National Archives microfilm publications. M 1
- Patient records 1
- Rabbis -- Colorado -- Denver 1
- Temples 1
- Tuberculosis -- Hospitals -- Denver (Colo.) 1
- Tuberculosis -- Patients 1
- Tuberculosis in children 1 ∧ less