Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract The Center was founded by Rabbi C. E. Kauvar and Rabbi Stanley Wagner at the University of Denver. Collection contains correspondence and administrative records from the Center of Judaic Studies from 1975-1988.
Abstract Collection contains newspaper clippings, publications, memos, press releases, reports, notes, reports, and audiovisual material related to Center for Judaic Studies from 1989 through 2000.
Dates: Other: 1989-2015
Abstract The Maimonides Society was established mid-1982 as an affiliate of the Center for Judaic Studies at the University of Denver. It was established to support the Center for Judaic Studies through donor development, public programming and Jewish cultural events. They also produced a newsletter publication "The Maimonidean." The organization lasted from 1982-1987.Collection contains mailing lists, patron files, correspondence, newsletters, newspaper clippings, and administrative...
Abstract Rabbi Charles E. Hillel Kauvar was a rabbi for 69 years at the Beth Ha Medrosh Hagodol (The Great House of Learning) Synagogue in Denver, Colorado. He was also a professor of rabbinical literature at the University of Denver for 43 years and helped establish the Center for Judaic Studies at the University. After he retired from teaching, the University of Denver honored him by establishing a Kauvar Chair of Hebraic Studies. Rabbi Kauvar was born in Vilna, Lithuania in 1879 and began as rabbi...
Abstract Stanley M. Wagner was born in 1932 in Brooklyn, New York and ordained at Yeshiva University. He was the spiritual leader of BMH-BJ from 1972-1997. He received 6 post graduate degrees, founded the University of Denver's Center for Judaic Studies in 1975, and co-founded the Mizel Museum of Judaica in 1982. 1970-1972, he was the executive vice-president of the religeous zionest (mizrachi). He was directory of the Center for Judaic Studies from 1975 until he retired in 2006. As part of the Center...
Dates: Other: 1950-2002
- Names: University of Denver. Center for Judaic Studies X
- Denver (Colo.) 2
- Judaism 2
- Charity organization 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Colorado -- History 1
- Correspondence 1
- Jewish authors 1
- Jewish college students 1
- Jewish families -- Colorado 1
- Jews -- Colorado -- Charities 1
- Jews -- Colorado -- Social life and customs 1
- Newsletters 1
- Orthodox Judaism 1
- Orthodox Judaism -- Colorado -- Denver 1
- Private universities and colleges -- Colorado -- Denver 1
- Rabbis 1
- Rabbis -- Colorado -- Denver 1
- Studies and exercises 1
- Synagogues -- Colorado -- Denver 1 ∧ less
- Beth HaMedrosh Hagodol (Denver, Colo.) 2
- University of Denver. Center for Judaic Studies. Ira M. Beck Memorial Collection of Rocky Mountain Jewish History 2
- Wagner, Stanley M. 2
- Abrams, Jeanne E., 1951- 1
- Kauvar, Belle Bluestone 1