Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 22
Overview Alfred Clarence "Pete" Nelson served as interim Chancellor at the University of Denver, Denver, Colorado from 1948-1949. Alfred C. Nelson served as Interim Chancellor at the University of Denver, Denver, Colo. from 1948-1949. He also served as Professor of Chemistry (1923-1936), Registrar (1929-1937), Dean of Graduate College and Director Summer Session (1937-1948), Vice Chancellor (1949-1952), and Dean of Community College and Director of Summer Session (1951-1960). The majority...
Overview In 1954 Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) changed its mission to cancer research and became the American Medical Center and later known as the AMC Cancer Research Center. AMC completely merged with the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center in 2014. Collection contains board of trustee's minutes, committee minutes, reports, AMC By-laws, name plates, posters, publications, programs, photographs, and scrapbooks related to the AMC Cancer Research Center from 1957 through 2012....
Overview The Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith, Mountain States Regional Office began in 1913 as a volunteer committee led by Simon Heller. The purpose of the organization was to fight prejudice and intolerance and to preserve the Jewish democratic heritage. The formal organization was established in 1941 as the tri-state office with Harold Saks as the first director. The Mountain States Regional Office in Denver worked toward the elimination of discrimination in employment, housing,...
Overview Babi Yar Park in Denver, Colorado was dedicated on October 2, 1983 to memorialize the September 1941 massacre of the Jews that remained in the Ukrainian city of Kiev, at a ravine called Babi Yar. The Babi Yar Park Foundation was formed under the leadership of Helen Ginsburg. Collection contains minutes, administrative papers, correspondence, reports, scrapbooks, news clippings, photos, public relations materials and architectural drawings from the Babi Yar Park between 1969-2015.
Overview Colorado Association of Law Libraries (CoALL) began in 1977 as the Colorado Consortium of Law Libraries. In 1984 the organization became an official chapter of the American Association of Law Libraries and changed its name to Colorado Association of Law Libraries. The main goal of CoALL is to promote law librarianship. The Association supports its members through mentoring and grant programs as well as continuing education. The organization sponsors an annual Legal Institute that presents...
Overview The Colorado Poetry Fellowship was formed for the purpose of encouraging the development and recognition of the poets in the Rocky Mountain region. The group participated in International Poetry Week, presented readings by nationally known poets, and published the little magazine Timberlines.
Overview The Denver Chapter of Hadassah was organized in 1915. Hadassah is a Zionist organization that combine the Jewish emphasis on social welfare with the ideology of Zionism. The Denver Chapter continues to support Israel and to promote health awareness, education, and Zionist youth programs. The minutes, programs, publications, and scrapbooks and scrapbooks reflect the history of a Jewish women's organization with programs in Israel and Denver.
Overview Pioneer Women, the Labor Zionist women's organization in the United States was founded in 1925. The group sought to elevate the public profile of the Zionist pioneer women's cooperatives in Palestine. The Pioneer Women supported the women workers' organization through American-based philanthropic efforts. The Pioneer Women also emphasized the importance of women in the American Zionist movement and helped the Jewish working-class Jewish immigrant who believed the aims and ideals of socialist...
Overview Collection contains contracts, real property records, employee records, promotional materials, minutes, certificates, financial records for the Mental Health Center of America, records for the Ex-Patients' Tubercular Home and, photographs related the Aid Association for Ex-patients of Denver.
Overview The Park Hill Action Committee (Interdenominational) is an association that was formed in 1959 when the Park Hill neighborhood in the northeast section of Denver, Colorado became racially integrated. This community group was formed by clergy and concerned citizens of the area to promote racial harmony between the white community and African-Americans. During the 1960s, the organization was renamed The Greater Park Hill Community, Inc. The group focused on capital development, community...
- Subject: Corporate minutes X
- American Medical Center (Denver, Colo.) 2
- University of Denver 2
- University of Denver. Board of Trustees 2
- AMC Cancer Research Center (Denver, Colo.) 1
- AMC Cancer Research Center and Hospital (Denver, Colo.) 1
- B'nai B'rith. Anti-defamation League. Mountain States Regional Office 1
- Babi Yar Park Foundation 1
- Blumberg, Abraham Moses 1
- Bonder, Julian 1
- Chambers, William Thomas 1
- Children's Asthma Research Institute and Hospital (Denver, Colo.) 1
- Colorado Association of Law Libraries 1
- Colorado Consortium of Law Libraries 1
- Colorado Poetry Fellowship 1
- Colorado. Army National Guard 1
- Denver Chapter of Hadassah 1
- Denver Council of Pioneer Women 1
- Denver Sheltering Home for Jewish Children 1
- Ex-Patients' Tubercular Home (Denver, Colo.) 1
- Gass, Alan Golin 1
- Gilbert, Lloyd Straight 1
- Ginsburg, Helen J. 1
- Green Gables Country Club 1
- Hadassah, the Women's Zionist Organization of America 1
- Halprin, Lawrence 1
- Hoffman, Lillian, 1913-1996 1
- Hurst, Allan, 1910-1989 1
- Independent Order of B'nai B'rith. Denver Lodge No. 171 (Denver, Colo.) 1
- JCRS Isaac Solomon Historic Synagogue Foundation 1
- Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (U.S.) 1
- Jewish National Home for Asthmatic Children in Denver 1
- Jewish War Veterans of the United States of America 1
- Kauvar, Belle Bluestone 1
- Kauvar, C. E. Hillel (Charles Eliezer Hillel), 1879-1971 1
- Lorber, Fannie E. (Fannie Eller), 1881-1958 1
- Love, John A., 1916-2002 1
- Mental Health Center of America 1
- Mitchell, Maurice B., 1915-1996 1
- Mizel Museum 1
- National Asthma Center (U.S.) 1
- National Home for Jewish Children in Denver 1
- National Jewish Hospital and Research Center/National Asthma Center (U.S.) 1
- Nelson, Alfred C., 1898-1980 1
- Park Hill Action Committee 1
- Park Hill Action Committee (Interdenominational) 1
- Quiat, Simon, 1887-1981 1
- R.W. Beck and Associates 1
- Rocky Mountain College of Art + Design 1
- Rose Hill Cemetery (Commerce City, Colo.) 1
- Rude, Isadore 1
- Sigma Kappa Sorority. Iota Chapter (University of Denver) 1
- Solomon, Isaac, 1852-1914 1
- Streltzer, John E. (Ellis), 1901-1985 1
- Szold, Henrietta, 1860-1945 1
- Town Club 1
- University of Denver. School of Dentistry 1
- University of Denver. Social Science Foundation 1
- Wodiczko, Krzysztof 1
- Zwerin, Raymond A., 1936- 1 ∧ less