Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject HeadingsScope Note: DU Note: Prefer a narrower term showing the source or type of record, examples: Medical records, Necrologies, Public records, Student records, Synagogue records and registers, Temple records and registers, ...
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Overview Beth HaMedrosh Hagodol Congregation (BMH-the Great House of Study) was establsihed in 1892 in a group of rented rooms above co-founder Henry Plonsky's shoe and boot store on Larimer Street in Denver, Colorado. It officially incorporated in 1897 and grew to become Denver's largest modern Orthodox Jewish congregation. The congregation was first housed at 24th and Curtis Streets and then erected a new building at 16th and Gaylord. In 1969 BMH moved to its present location at 560 S. Monaco...