Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Women

 Subject
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings

Found in 12 Collections and/or Records:

Bookbinding and Print Shop of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1920-1940

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00032
Overview Interior of the bookbinding and print shop room of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). A large group of men and women are working on various tasks throughout the room. This room was part of the industrial rehabilitation department at the JCRS. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West...

Bookbinding Department of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1930-1940

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00034
Overview Interior of the print shop room of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). A group of men and women are working on various tasks throughout the room. This room was part of the industrial rehabilitation department at the JCRS. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside...

Corn Crop at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, circa 1940

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00014
Overview A crop of corn growing at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Two unidentified women patients are standing in the field to emphasize the height of the stalks. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

James Roosevelt Visiting a Patient at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1940-1960

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00051
Overview James Roosevelt visiting a patient at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). From left to right is Dr. William Klein, medical director of the JCRS, James Roosevelt, Pat Meyer Bernstein and an unidentified patient. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Patient Undergoing Physiotherapy at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1940-1960

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00068
Overview An unidentified woman patient receiving physiotherapy at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). An unidentified man is conducting the therapy while a nurse is assisting him. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Patient with Nurse at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1930-1960

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00063
Overview A female patient in a wheelchair at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). An unidentified nurse is standing next to the chair. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Patient with Nurse at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1930-1960

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00077
Overview Female patient in a wheelchair at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). An unidentified nurse is standing next to the chair. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver. This photograph is a paste-up that has been manipulated by the photographer. Please see...

Print Shop of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1920-1945

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00033
Overview Interior of the print shop room of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). A group of men and women are working on various tasks throughout the room. This room was part of the industrial rehabilitation department at the JCRS. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside...

Printing and Bookbinding Staff Outside Neusteter Building, between 1930-1939

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00035
Overview Printing and bookbindery workers stand outside the Neusteter Building on the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) campus. The workers were patients of the JCRS and participated in the printing and bookbinding rehabilitation program. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish working men along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. It was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of...

Sewing Class at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1930-1950

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00074
Overview Sewing class at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Classes were offered to patients as part of rehabilitation. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.