Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Overview Adolph Kiesler, second from left at the head table, and Rabbi C. E. Hillel Kauvar, third from left, during a dinner event at the University of Denver during the 1955 University of Denver graduation when Kiesler received an honorary degree. Everyone at the event is standing and appear to be singing.
Overview Board of Directors of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Seven men and one woman stand on the steps of a building. Rabbi Charles Kauvar stands second from the right and all others are unidentified. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
Dates: between 1930-1940