Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Buildings

 Subject
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Scope Note: Here are entered general works on structures or edifices. Works on the design and style of structures are entered under [Architecture.] Works on the process of construction are entered under [Building.]

Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:

Group in Front of the New York Ladies Pavilion at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, 1910-1919

 Item
Identifier: B002.04.0215.0007.00001
Overview A group of people stand in front of the New York Pavilion at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Dr. Charles Spivak is pictured in the front row, eighth from the right. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanitorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
Dates: 1910-1919

Laying Cornerstone of the New York Ladies Auxiliary Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, 1908

 Item
Identifier: B002.04.0215.0010.00001
Overview A group of people attend a ceremony for the laying of a cornerstone at the New York Ladies Auxiliary building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) on April 19, 1908. The building was a round, red brick building that housed the less contagious tuberculosis (TB) patients. Rabbi C. E. Kauvar, in a top hat, stands on one side of the cornerstone and Abraham Judelovitz, in coveralls, stands on the other side of the cornerstone. Dr. Philip Hillkowitz with no hat, stands to Rabbi Kauvar's...
Dates: 1908