Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Buildings

 Subject
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Scope Note: Here are entered general works on structures or edifices. Works on the design and style of structures are entered under [Architecture.] Works on the process of construction are entered under [Building.]

Found in 340 Collections and/or Records:

Emil Loeb Store, circa 1920-circa 1935

 File
Identifier: B407.01.0001.0007.00001
Overview Photographs show Emil Loeb's store in Darmstadt, Germany. The photos are not of the same storefront. The smaller photograph shows the outside of a storefront with a young man standing in the doorway, and two identical signs on the storefront itself. The signs read "Kurz - Weiss - Woll - & Strumpfwaren" on top and "Garne en gros - Emil Loeb - Trikotagen En gros". This roughly translates to "Course - White - Wool - & Hoisery" and "Yarn Wholesale (in large amounts) - Emil Loeb - Cotton...

Employees' Building of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, 1940 October 30

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0003.00080
Overview Exterior of the Employees' Building on the campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Entrance to the Matthew B. Rosenhaus Biomedical Research Center, after 1986

 Item
Identifier: U158.03.0047.00094
Overview Entrance to the Matthew B. Rosenhaus Biomedical Research Center. Flame of Hope Sculpture in front of entrance.

Esther Winocur at the 75th Anniversary Celebration of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, 1979 September

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0019.00020
Overview 75th Anniversary Celebration of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Esther Winocur is pictured in the center.The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado.