Skip to main content

Spivak (Colo.)

 Subject
Subject Source: Local sources
Scope Note: Bio/Hist: 1928-1966, located in Jefferson County, Colorado.Source: Jim Forte Postal History. http://www.postalhistory.com/index.htm.

Found in 46 Collections and/or Records:

Banquet for Auxiliaries of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society and American Medical Center, between 1950-1970

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0036.00011
Abstract A dinner banquet for auxiliaries of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) and American Medical Center (AMC). Pictured are Robert Gamzey, Mrs. Harvey Kaminsky, Charles Winocur, Noah W. Allen, David L. Abramson. AMC was located on the grounds of the former Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in...
Dates: between 1950-1970

Banquet for Auxiliaries of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society and American Medical Center, between 1950-1970

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0036.00010
Abstract A dinner banquet for auxiliaries of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Pictured are Dr. and Mrs. William Klein and at the second table Ben Friedland with Mr. and Mrs. Henry Schwartz. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
Dates: between 1950-1970

Bedside Instruction at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, circa 1942

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00071
Abstract Bedside instruction in English and citizenship at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
Dates: circa 1942

Bookbinding and Print Shop of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1920-1940

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00032
Abstract Interior of the bookbinding and print shop room of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). A large group of men and women are working on various tasks throughout the room. This room was part of the industrial rehabilitation department at the JCRS. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West...
Dates: between 1920-1940

Bookbinding Department of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1930-1940

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00034
Abstract Interior of the print shop room of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). A group of men and women are working on various tasks throughout the room. This room was part of the industrial rehabilitation department at the JCRS. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside...
Dates: between 1930-1940

Corn Crop at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, circa 1940

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00014
Abstract A crop of corn growing at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Two unidentified women patients are standing in the field to emphasize the height of the stalks. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
Dates: circa 1940

Cow at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1920-1930

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00009
Abstract A bull cow on the farm of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
Dates: between 1920-1930

Cows in the Milking Barn of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, 1941 January 31

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00016
Abstract Holstein cow standing in their stalls at the milking barn of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
Dates: 1941 January 31

Dedication Ceremony of the Texas Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1904-1935

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0036.00044
Abstract Dr. Philip Hillkowitz sitting behind an unidentified speaker at the dedication ceremony for the New York Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
Dates: between 1904-1935

Dining Hall at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1920-1930

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0003.00089
Abstract Exterior of the Dining Hall Building, on the campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The dining room had a capacity of 200 and had a porch added to the original structure in the 1920s. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
Dates: between 1920-1930