Skip to main content

Spivak (Colo.)

 Subject
Subject Source: Local sources
Scope Note: Bio/Hist: 1928-1966, located in Jefferson County, Colorado.Source: Jim Forte Postal History. http://www.postalhistory.com/index.htm.

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

Dedication Ceremony of the Texas Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1904-1935

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0036.00044
Abstract Dr. Philip Hillkowitz sitting behind an unidentified speaker at the dedication ceremony for the New York Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
Dates: between 1904-1935