Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 74 Collections and/or Records:
Overview Advertising card that reads "Ben Wisebart Wide Awake Clothier, 366 Larimer St., Denver, Colorado." Wisebart was elected mayor of Central City, Colo. in 1876. His sister was Frances Wisebart Jacobs. This photograph of the card was taken circa 1978.
Dates: circa 1876
Overview Brief description of several early Jewish leaders of commerce, philanthropy, religion, and community as well as several Jewish lawyers, doctors, merchants, and politicians in Colorado.
File — Box B360.05.0036: Series B360.05 [U186023258745]
Overview Memorabilia box containing a T-Shirt, button and medal from 1993 "Celebrate!" convention; two notepads, button, foam visor and lapel pin with AMC logo; Shriners Hospital Bosten necktie, dark blue with reperating pattern of world surrounded by childdren holding hands; wooden gavel with metal palte engraved "AMC Guild"; and JCRS corporate seal in vinyl bag.
Dates: circa 1950-2000
Overview Interior of the Cooperative Store on the grounds of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The store was located in the Business Office. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. It was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside Denver.
Dates: between 1910-1960
Overview Exterior view of the co-operative store at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). An unidentified man looks out of the window of the store. The store provided supplies for patients of the JCRS, a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. It was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
Overview View of front of Denver Golf and Tennis store from across the street in Denver, Colorado. Brothers Sid and Sam Milstein owned the store which was later known as the Aspen Leaf.
Dates: between 1920-1930