Synagogue dedication services
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 11 Collections and/or Records:
Overview Dedication of the first synagogue of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS), in 1907. There is a large crowd gathered around the synagogue, which was a tent erected with the help of donor Bath-Seva Fleishman. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
Overview Folder contains programs, correspondence and other materials relating to the fundraising campaign, groundbreaking and dedication of the Grape Street campus.
Overview Born in 1844, and descended from Hungarian and Galician families, Weinberger emigrated to the U.S.in 1888, folowing several years of teaching, brewery management, cattle trading and farming. In Denver he worked as a clerk and grocer, residing on Market Street. Herman and his wife Nettie were founders of B.M. H. Synagogue. A stained glass window was created in their honor at B.M. H. in 1953, by their children,
Dates: circa 1928-1953
Scope and Contents Folder contains copies of financial records and correspondence; newspaper articles; and copies of dedication of Educational and Social Building of Temple Emanuel in Pueblo, CO.