Skip to main content

Orthodox Judaism

 Subject
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings

Found in 12 Collections and/or Records:

Bess Laderman, 1932-1998

 File
Identifier: B430.01.0001.0001
Abstract Folder contains biographical information on Bess Laderman and her memorial service on March 22, 1998; Hebrew Educational Alliance and the Alliance Sisterhood, including the HEAs farewell to Denver of Bess Laderman; Daniel Goldberger remarks at the unveiling of Rabbi Manuel Laderman's tombstone on October 28, 1990; and miscellaneous newspaper clippings and correspondence from Tim Wirth.
Dates: 1932-1998

Bess Laderman Papers

 Collection
Identifier: B430
Abstract Bess Malin Laderman was born April 2, 1911 in a small village near Kiev, Ukraine. Bess Malin moved to Kansas City, Missouri at the age of 12 and attended public schools and college in Kansas City. She married Rabbi Manuel Laderman in 1933 and the couple moved to Denver, where Rabbi Laderman became the first rabbi of the Hebrew Educational Alliance in 1932. Bess Laderman served in many organizations and was active in the Hebrew Educational Alliance. She was program chair of the Hebrew...
Dates: 1932-2019

Box 1 , 1932-2019

 File — Box B340.01.0001: [Barcode: U186023258321]
Identifier: B430.01.0001
Scope and Contents From the Collection: The collection contains personal materials, including biographical information, certificates, correspondence, Hachodesh: Women's Branch of the Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations of America, and Denver Health Redication of the bas relief of Rabbi Manuel Laderman. It contains materials and histories of the Denver Symphony guild, including files on fundraising, concerts and commitees headed by Bess Laderman. There are materials on Denver's Sister City of Karmiel, which Bess Laderman created...
Dates: 1932-2019

Box 1, 1993-1994

 File — Box B222.01.0001: Series B222.01; Series B222.02; Series B222.03 [Barcode: U186020738615]
Identifier: B222.01.0001
Abstract (1) file folder containing: Ordinance No. 435 to name the new East wing of Denver General after Rabbi Laderman and one folder with information on Denver General Hospital dedication of the Laderman Trauma Center.
Dates: 1993-1994

Box 1, 1932-1993

 File — Box B222.01.0001: Series B222.01; Series B222.02; Series B222.03 [Barcode: U186020738615]
Identifier: B222.02.0001
Abstract (1) file folder containing news clippings, tributes, and programs.
Dates: 1932-1993

Box 1, 1989

 File — Box B222.01.0001: Series B222.01; Series B222.02; Series B222.03 [Barcode: U186020738615]
Identifier: B222.03.0001
Abstract One folder with obituaries and memorials for Rabbi Manuel Laderman.
Dates: 1989

Denver General Hospital Dedication, 1993-1994

 Series
Identifier: B222.01
Abstract Contains City Council ordinance and materials on the Dedication of Denver General Hospital Trauma Center to Rabbi Manuel Ladderman.
Dates: 1993-1994

Exterior of Hebrew Education Alliance, circa 1978

 Item
Identifier: B063.06.0014.00004
Abstract The Hebrew Educational Alliance's original building at West Colfax and Meade Street. It was founded in 1932 and became the largest congregation on Denver's west side. The Hebrew Educational Alliance was created as a result of the ''alliance'' between the Beth David Hebrew School Sisterhood and Brotherhood, and the Denver Hebrew Institute. On October 25, 1932, Rabbi Manuel Laderman arrived in Denver to serve as the first Rabbi of the Hebrew Educational Alliance. The combined synagogue and Hebrew...
Dates: circa 1978

Hebrew Educational Alliance Confirmation Class of 1943, 1943

 Item
Identifier: B063.06.0031.0002.00001
Abstract The Hebrew Educational Alliance confirmation class of 1943 are standing in two rows. Flowers are in front of the class and the girls are holding flowers. There is a painting of the ten commandments and decorative doves behind the class. Rabbi Manuel Laderman stands in the center of the first row. The Hebrew Educational Alliance was a modern Orthodox synagogue formally founded in 1932 and became the largest congregation on Denver's west side.
Dates: 1943

Hebrew Educational Alliance Records

 Collection
Identifier: B159
Abstract The Hebrew Educational Alliance was founded in 1932 and became the largest congregation on Denver's west side. The Hebrew Educational Alliance was created as a result of the ''alliance'' between the Beth David Hebrew School Sisterhood and Brotherhood, and the Denver Hebrew Institute. The combined synagogue and Hebrew School was organized along Orthodox lines. On October 25, 1932, Rabbi Manuel Laderman arrived in Denver to serve as the first Rabbi of the Hebrew Educational Alliance. In 1994,...
Dates: 1940-2007