Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Orthodox Judaism

 Subject
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings

Found in 9 Collections and/or Records:

Box 1, 1993-1994

 File — Box B222.01.0001: Series B222.01; Series B222.02; Series B222.03 [U186020738615]
Identifier: B222.01.0001
Overview (1) file folder containing: Ordinance No. 435 to name the new East wing of Denver General after Rabbi Laderman and one folder with information on Denver General Hospital dedication of the Laderman Trauma Center.
Dates: 1993-1994

Box 1, 1932-1993

 File — Box B222.01.0001: Series B222.01; Series B222.02; Series B222.03 [U186020738615]
Identifier: B222.02.0001
Overview (1) file folder containing news clippings, tributes, and programs.
Dates: 1932-1993

Box 1, 1989

 File — Box B222.01.0001: Series B222.01; Series B222.02; Series B222.03 [U186020738615]
Identifier: B222.03.0001
Overview One folder with obituaries and memorials for Rabbi Manuel Laderman.
Dates: 1989

Denver General Hospital Dedication, 1993-1994

 Series
Identifier: B222.01
Overview Contains City Council ordinance and materials on the Dedication of Denver General Hospital Trauma Center to Rabbi Manuel Ladderman.
Dates: 1993-1994

Exterior of Hebrew Education Alliance, circa 1978

 Item
Identifier: B063.06.0014.00004
Overview The Hebrew Educational Alliance's original building at West Colfax and Meade Street. It was founded in 1932 and became the largest congregation on Denver's west side. The Hebrew Educational Alliance was created as a result of the ''alliance'' between the Beth David Hebrew School Sisterhood and Brotherhood, and the Denver Hebrew Institute. On October 25, 1932, Rabbi Manuel Laderman arrived in Denver to serve as the first Rabbi of the Hebrew Educational Alliance. The combined synagogue and Hebrew...
Dates: circa 1978

Hebrew Educational Alliance Confirmation Class of 1943, 1943

 Item
Identifier: B063.06.0031.0002.00001
Overview The Hebrew Educational Alliance confirmation class of 1943 are standing in two rows. Flowers are in front of the class and the girls are holding flowers. There is a painting of the ten commandments and decorative doves behind the class. Rabbi Manuel Laderman stands in the center of the first row. The Hebrew Educational Alliance was a modern Orthodox synagogue formally founded in 1932 and became the largest congregation on Denver's west side.
Dates: 1943

Hebrew Educational Alliance Records

 Collection
Identifier: B159
Overview The Hebrew Educational Alliance was founded in 1932 and became the largest congregation on Denver's west side. The Hebrew Educational Alliance was created as a result of the ''alliance'' between the Beth David Hebrew School Sisterhood and Brotherhood, and the Denver Hebrew Institute. The combined synagogue and Hebrew School was organized along Orthodox lines. On October 25, 1932, Rabbi Manuel Laderman arrived in Denver to serve as the first Rabbi of the Hebrew Educational Alliance. In 1994,...
Dates: 1940-2007

Rabbi Manuel Laderman at Union Station, 1932 October 25

 Item
Identifier: B063.06.0006.00025
Overview Twenty-three-year-old Rabbi Manuel Laderman (tallest man in the group) surrounded by delegates from the Hebrew Educational Alliance upon his arrival at Union Station, Denver, Colorado in 1932. He graduated from the Hebrew Theological College in Illinois and had just been ordained when he came to Denver to serve as the first Rabbi of the Hebrew Educational Alliance. He served as rabbi at the Orthodox synagogue until 1979. He was born August 25, 1909 and died in Denver on November 27, 1989.
Dates: 1932 October 25