Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

West Colfax (Denver, Colo.)

 Subject
Subject Source: Local sources

Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:

Banquet for Auxiliaries of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society and American Medical Center, between 1950-1970

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0036.00010
Overview A dinner banquet for auxiliaries of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Pictured are Dr. and Mrs. William Klein and at the second table Ben Friedland with Mr. and Mrs. Henry Schwartz. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

James Roosevelt Visiting a Patient at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1940-1960

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00051
Overview James Roosevelt visiting a patient at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). From left to right is Dr. William Klein, medical director of the JCRS, James Roosevelt, Pat Meyer Bernstein and an unidentified patient. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Picnic at Home of Mr. and Mrs. J.A. Sharoff during the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society's Conference, circa 1950

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0036.00014
Overview A picnic for auxiliaries of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) that was held in the yard of Mr. and Mrs. J.A. Sharoff during the 1950 conference in Denver, Colorado. Dr. William Kline stands second from right in the back row. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just...