West Colfax (Denver, Colo.)
Subject Source: Local sources
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Overview The Hebrew Educational Alliance's original building at West Colfax and Meade Street. It was founded in 1932 and became the largest congregation on Denver's west side. The Hebrew Educational Alliance was created as a result of the ''alliance'' between the Beth David Hebrew School Sisterhood and Brotherhood, and the Denver Hebrew Institute. On October 25, 1932, Rabbi Manuel Laderman arrived in Denver to serve as the first Rabbi of the Hebrew Educational Alliance. The combined synagogue and Hebrew...
Overview Many small synagogues, or shuls, were built in Denver, Colorado's west-side with the East European immigrant Jewish community, including Yad Achass, more commonly known as the Rumansche (Romanian) shul. It was organized in 1903, and its second home, pictured here, was at the corner of King Street and Conejos Place.