Rabbis -- Colorado -- Denver
Subject Source: Local sources
Found in 20 Collections and/or Records:
Dates: circa 1885
Found in: Special Collections and Archives
Abstract Samuel Weil served as the rabbi of Congregation Emanuel in Denver, Colorado, in 1876-1877. He was only appointed under a 1 year contract and was granted a 6 month extension in March 1877. However, he was relieved of his duties due to "inadequacies" and remarks he made on June 1st which the board did not "countenance." The Weil family left Denver in December of 1877 after it was learned that the Rabbi had written to a Reverend in the Presbyterian Church proclaiming his belief in Jesus Christ...
Dates: Other: circa 1885
Abstract Stanley M. Wagner was born in 1932 in Brooklyn, New York and ordained at Yeshiva University. He was the spiritual leader of BMH-BJ from 1972-1997. He received 6 post graduate degrees, founded the University of Denver's Center for Judaic Studies in 1975, and co-founded the Mizel Museum of Judaica in 1982. 1970-1972, he was the executive vice-president of the religeous zionest (mizrachi). He was directory of the Center for Judaic Studies from 1975 until he retired in 2006. As part of the Center...
Dates: Other: 1950-2002
Scope and Contents Rectangular framed drawing of man (Samuel Weil) with white beard and darker grey hair and grey mustasche. He is wearing a light colored shirt and and dark suit jacket. The portrait includes his head and shoulders; he is looking off to his right.
Dates: circa 1885
Scope and Contents Round tintype of man (Samuel Weil) with white beard and dark hair and mustasche. He is wearing a light colored shirt and and dark suit jacket. The portrait includes his head and shoulders; he is looking off to his right.
Dates: circa 1885
Abstract Rabbi Yehuda Idel Idelson was born in Navardok, Lithuania in 1874 and married Hadassah Bloch in 1896. Rabbi Idelson arrived in Denver, Colorado in about 1901, an acclaimed Torah scholar and commentator, to become the rabbi at Congreation Tifereth Israel. The small synagogue was incorporated by Polish Jews in 1901 and was located under the Colfax Viaduct in the east European Jewish immigrant neighborhood. Rabbi Idelson’s wife Hadassah and their daughter Dora joined him later in Denver. Finding...
Abstract The Radisnky family, Lithuania/East European inmmigrants, first settled on Denver's West Side in the 1890. Rabbi David Radinsky was the Rabbi of a small Mogen David synangogue orginally organized in his home. His son, Abraham David (A. D. Radinsky) started the A. D. Radinsky and Sons, Inc rag factory. The collection contains photographs, artwork, ephemera, business cards, business catalogs and family papers related to the Radinsky family.
Dates: 1700 - 1980; c. 17th Century-1980
Abstract Temple Sinai is a Reform Synagogue in Denver founded by Rabbi Raymond Zwerin in 1967. It is located at 3509 S. Glencoe Street. Collection contains slides, negatives, and architectural negatives from Temple Sinai. Several slides of Rabbi Zwerin from about age 3 on, Zwerin family photographs, photos of Temple events and construction.
Dates: circa 1940-1987
Abstract The Talmudic Research Institute (TRI-Sulom Congregation) was an orthodox Chasidic synagogue and study center organized by Rabbi B. C. Shloime Twerski in 1970. He was succeeded in 1981 by his son Rabbi Mordecai D. Twerski. Rabbi Mordecai Twerski led the TRI-Sulom until returning to New York in 2000. The records consist of three annual fundraising dinner journals.