Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Jewish hospitals -- Colorado -- Denver

 Subject
Subject Source: Local sources

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

Shoenberg Farms Material Culture and Photographs

 Collection
Identifier: B243
Overview In 1911, Oscar and Anne Morrison sold a parcel of land in Jefferson County to New Yorker Louis D. Shoenberg. He had red brick buildings built, with plans to donate to the National Jewish Hospital for Consumptives (NJH) as a memorial to his son who had died of tuberculosis. In 1912, the Dudley C. Shoenberg Memorial Farm was donated to Denver’s National Jewish Hospital. NJH opened in 1900 to treat tuberculosis patients. Louis Shoenberg began in the clothing business in boom town Leadville,...