Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Jews

 Subject
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings

Found in 22 Collections and/or Records:

A Legacy of Healing: Early Colorado Jews in Medicine, 2005

 Item
Identifier: B230.03.0023.00004
Overview Brief biographies of Jewish men and women who contributed to medicine, the Jewish community, and Colorado. Contains historical photographs and interviews with people who knew some of the early key figures.

Bed Dedication Ceremony at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1904-1928

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0036.00038
Overview A bed dedication ceremony at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Dr. Charles Spivak is pictured in the center, to the left of the man holding a plaque and Dr. Philip Hillkowitz is to the right of the man holding the plaque. The dedication appears to be conducted on a stage. A large American flag is hung up behind the group of people surrounding the bed. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with...

Cincinnati Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society Bed Dedication, after 1926

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0011.00030
Overview The Cincinnati Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society Bed Dedication Ceremony at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Dr. Philip Hillkowitz hods a bed plaque that says '' ENDOWED BY, THE CINCINNATI JEWISH CONSUMPTIVES, RELIEF SOCIETY, 1921.'' The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax...

Cleveland Ladies Auxiliary Bed Dedication, after 1917

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00017
Overview A bed dedication ceremony at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The Cleveland Ladies Auxiliary donated the bed pictured. Dr. Charles Spivak stands in the back to the right and Dr. Philip Hillkowitz stands in back center. An unidentified woman holds a plaque that reads: ''Cleveland Ladies Auxiliary, J.C.R.S., 1917.'' The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading...

Cornerstone of New York Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, circa 1914

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0036.00006
Overview A group of people at the cornerstone ceremony for the New York Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The engraved cornerstone that says: ''Erected by the New York Ladies' Auxiliary. J.C.R.S., 5674, 1914'' is being placed. Dr. Philip Hillkowitz stands center left, Dr. Charles Spivak stands center, and Rabbi Charles Kauvar stands second from right. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along...

Dedication Ceremony of the Texas Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1904-1935

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0036.00044
Overview Dr. Philip Hillkowitz sitting behind an unidentified speaker at the dedication ceremony for the New York Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Dr. Spivak with Crowd at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1904-1927

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0019.00005
Overview Dr. Charles D. Spivak with a large crowd of people at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Dr. Spivak is in the center of the photograph and Dr. Philip Hillkowitz is to his right, while Rabbi William Friedman is standing to the right in the rear. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado.

Early Construction at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1904-1920

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0003.00046
Overview Construction of the original brick building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Dr. C. D. Spivak sits far left and Dr. Philip Hillkowitz sits beside him. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Eatless Banquet in Honor of Captain Hillkowitz, 1918 July

 Item
Identifier: B002.04.0345.0001.00001
Overview Dr. Philip Hillkowitz sits at the head of a table in a captain's army uniform at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) offices. Hillkowitz resigned from his position at the JCRS to serve as a physician in World War I. From left to right around the table are the following people: I. Rude, Vice President; Professor Nahum Slousch; Dr. C. D. Spivak, Secretary; Louis Robinson, chairman agricultural committee; H. H. Frumess, chairman auditing committee; Captain Philip Hillkowitz, JCRS...

Event at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1910-1940

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00022
Overview An unknown event at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). An unidentified man stands on stage speaking, surrounded by a group of men and women. Dr. Philip Hillkowitz sits third from the left on stage. A children's band is seated in front of the stage. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on...