Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Jews

 Subject
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings

Found in 212 Collections and/or Records:

1906 View of JCRS Campus, 1906

 Item
Identifier: B002.04.0339.0001.00001
Overview Panoramic view of the tents, three buildings and the farm at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Various people are standing in front of the tents and buildings. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver. In 1954 the institution changed its mission to...

50th Birthday Dinner, 1946 November 30

 Item
Identifier: B002.04.0340.0007.00002
Overview The attendees at a 50th birthday celebration dinner in honor of Rubin Schwartz in New York City at the Hotel Commodore on November 30, 1946 are shown sitting at tables.

A Legacy of Healing: Early Colorado Jews in Medicine, 2005

 Item
Identifier: B230.03.0023.00004
Overview Brief biographies of Jewish men and women who contributed to medicine, the Jewish community, and Colorado. Contains historical photographs and interviews with people who knew some of the early key figures.

AMC Patients Doing Jig-saw Puzzle and Embroidery, between 1960-1969

 Item
Identifier: B002.04.0339.0007.00001
Overview American Medical Center (AMC) Cancer Center male patient putting together a jig-saw the help of a nurse and another woman. A female patient is doing embroidery at the same table.

AMC Patients Studying Poetry, between 1960-1969

 Item
Identifier: B002.04.0339.0007.00002
Overview AMC Cancer Center patients studying poetry in the library.

Bed Dedication Ceremony at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1904-1928

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0036.00038
Overview A bed dedication ceremony at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Dr. Charles Spivak is pictured in the center, to the left of the man holding a plaque and Dr. Philip Hillkowitz is to the right of the man holding the plaque. The dedication appears to be conducted on a stage. A large American flag is hung up behind the group of people surrounding the bed. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with...

C. D. Spivak and others, circa 1920-1929

 Item
Identifier: B002.04.0215.0150.00001
Scope and Contents From the Series: This series contains a photo album, photographs, bulletin pages, drawings, lithographs, and contact sheets of the campus and buildings, patients and family, staff and volunteers, auxiliaries and conventions, and activities connected with the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society and the AMC Cancer Research Center.

Cleveland Ladies Auxiliary Bed Dedication, after 1917

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00017
Overview A bed dedication ceremony at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The Cleveland Ladies Auxiliary donated the bed pictured. Dr. Charles Spivak stands in the back to the right and Dr. Philip Hillkowitz stands in back center. An unidentified woman holds a plaque that reads: ''Cleveland Ladies Auxiliary, J.C.R.S., 1917.'' The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading...

Convention in New Jersey, 1922

 Item
Identifier: B002.04.0342.0004.00002
Overview Panoramic portrait of 15 men seated on a stage with an American Flag. There are names written at the bottom of the print, but they are difficult to read.

Cornerstone of New York Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, circa 1914

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0036.00006
Overview A group of people at the cornerstone ceremony for the New York Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The engraved cornerstone that says: ''Erected by the New York Ladies' Auxiliary. J.C.R.S., 5674, 1914'' is being placed. Dr. Philip Hillkowitz stands center left, Dr. Charles Spivak stands center, and Rabbi Charles Kauvar stands second from right. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along...