Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Photographs

 Subject
Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
Scope Note: Refers to still images produced from radiation-sensitive materials (sensitive to light, electron beams, or nuclear radiation), generally by means of the chemical action of light on a sensitive film, paper, glass, or metal. It does not include reproductive prints of documents and technical drawings, for which descriptors found under "

Found in 23 Collections and/or Records:

Adolph Kiesler Receiving an Honorary Degree, 1955

 Item
Identifier: B063.05.0052.00059
Overview Adolph Kiesler, second from left at the head table, and Rabbi C. E. Hillel Kauvar, third from left, during a dinner event at the University of Denver during the 1955 University of Denver graduation when Kiesler received an honorary degree. Everyone at the event is standing and appear to be singing.

Anna and Morris Hayutin Golden Anniversary, 1962 March 19

 Item
Identifier: B063.05.0041.00053
Overview Anna Hayutin and Morris Hayutin sit at a table decorated with flowers during their Golden Wedding Anniversary. Rabbi Kauvar stands beside Anna speaking to them.

Beth Hamedrosh Hagodol Confirmation Class of 1921, 1921

 Item
Identifier: B063.06.0006.00012
Overview The Beth Ha-Medrosh Hagodol (BMH) confirmation class members of 1921 are seated and standing in suits and dresses. The girls are all wearing hats. Rabbi Charles Kauvar is standing in the middle of the second row.

Beth Israel Dinner, 1959 March 01

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0011.00067
Overview Sam Levenson, Adolf Kiesler, Rabbi Charles Kauvar and his wife seated at the Beth Israel Dinner on March 1, 1959. Beth Israel Hospital and Geriatric Center was founded in 1905 and was located on the west side of Denver at 16th and Lowell. Pictured are the Guldman and Dupler Buildings.

BMH Confirmation Class of 1911, 1911

 Item
Identifier: B063.06.0034.0015.00001
Overview The Beth HaMedrosh Hagodol Confirmation Class of 1911, thirteen young women and six young men, sit or stand around Rabbi Charles E. H. Kauvar. Another man stands behind Rabbi Kauvar. The girls all wear white dresses and big white boys and the boys are all in suits.

Board of Directors of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1930-1940

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00030
Overview Board of Directors of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Seven men and one woman stand on the steps of a building. Rabbi Charles Kauvar stands second from the right and all others are unidentified. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Cornerstone of New York Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, circa 1914

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0036.00006
Overview A group of people at the cornerstone ceremony for the New York Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The engraved cornerstone that says: ''Erected by the New York Ladies' Auxiliary. J.C.R.S., 5674, 1914'' is being placed. Dr. Philip Hillkowitz stands center left, Dr. Charles Spivak stands center, and Rabbi Charles Kauvar stands second from right. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along...

Dinner Event, between 1940-1960

 Item
Identifier: B063.05.0052.00077
Overview Several men and women sit at tables during a dinner event listening to a man at a speaker's podium. Seated second from right at the head table is Jesse Shwayder and fifth from the right is Rabbi Kauvar.

Event at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1904-1925

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0036.00039
Overview An outdoor event at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Rabbi Kauvar is speaking to a large group of people. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Groundbreaking of Original Rotunda Hospital at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, 1908

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0003.00045
Overview Groundbreaking ceremony of the original rotunda hospital on the campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Later this building became the National Council of Auxiliaries office building. Rabbi Charles Kauvar is pictured with the trowel and Dr. Philip Hillkowitz is pictured to his left. Builder Abraham Judelowitz is standing to the right and wearing overalls. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen...