Found in 12 Collections and/or Records:
The University of Denver has offered continuing education throughout the years, managed by a variety of academic units. This collection gathers reports, publications, and promotional materials related to continuing education at the University, including afternoon, evening, and weekend classes.
The University of Denver was a participant in the Urban Observatory, a collaboration of city officials and colleges and universities to study the research resources and needs of an urban city. The project began in 1970 with support from the National League of Cities and funding from various Federal Agencies. The reports of the project describe the economic and social situation in Denver, studying attitudes of the citizens to various urban problems.
Collection contains reports, publications, grant proposals, memos, a contract, and department files related to the Department of Sociology at the University of Denver from 1980 through 1990.
Edward Elias Simon was a long-time board member and president of the Jewish Community Center (JCC) from 1967 to 1969. He initiated a development fund during his presidency of the JCC and the new facilities were dedicated in August of 1972. The collection includes material on the expansion project of the JCC, administrative materials, photographs, and newsclippings.
Elizabeth Hussey (1929-2017) was a journalist, distinguished skiier, and ski historian. Collection contains papers, correspondence, awards, clippings, photo albums, ephemera, memorabilia, and other materials related and/or belonging to Elizabeth Hussey.
Collection contains acedemic reports, correspondance to Dwight Smith, one (1) 1984 University of Denver Mission Statement, correspondance related to his time as Vice Provost, Dean, and Professor, and his personal notebooks.
The School of Dentistry at the University of Denver began holding classes in 1888. It was operated under an agreement with the Trustees of the University of Denver, Denver, Colorado, but operations and teaching were led by a group of local dentists. The school was one of the first to educate dental nurses. The school closed in 1932 after attempts to acquire state funding failed.
The collection contains legal documents, newspaper clippings, and photos.