Hospitals -- Colorado -- Denver
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 19 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Five photographs are printed on a page with captions. Top row left is a picture of the docked ship Kedmah with the caption: ''The end of their journey - Israel.'' Top row middle is an exterior view of General Rose Memorial Hospital with cars and patients in front and the caption: ''Medical Care at its finest.'' Top row right is a picture of a dinner in a large room with three large banner and the caption: ''Fight for Democracy thru Anti-Defamation work.'' Bottom row left is a photograph of...
Dates: between 1970-1979
Abstract In 1954 Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) changed its mission to cancer research and became the American Medical Center and later known as the AMC Cancer Research Center. AMC completely merged with the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center in 2014. Collection contains board of trustee's minutes, committee minutes, reports, AMC By-laws, name plates, posters, publications, programs, photographs, and scrapbooks related to the AMC Cancer Research Center from 1957 through 2012....
Dates: Other: 1904-2012
Abstract Four musicians dressed in western attire and an unidentified man wearing a suit and a B'nai B'rith badge stand around four patients at Fitzsimons Army Hospital in Aurora, Colorado.
Dates: between 1950-1970
Abstract Martin M. Gluchow, president of B'nai B'rith District Grand Lodge #2, stands with a young boy, a patient at National Jewish Hospital, who is standing in a crib wearing Gluchow's glasses.
Dates: 1956 April 25
Scope and Contents From the Collection: The collection includes annual reports, correspondence, limited patient records, meeting minutes, financial statements, reports, scrapbooks, photographs, sound discs, and objects from 1899 to 2009. The items reveal patient demographics and characteristics as well as detailed information regarding the early treatment of tuberculosis.
Abstract Invitation to building dedications and a banquet and dance by the trustees of the National Jewish Hospital for Consumptives. The dedications were of the Louis D. Beaumont Home for Nurses and The Hofheimer Children's Building at the hospital, both built largely through the efforts of Seraphine Pisko. A banquet and dance was held at the Albany Hotel. Seraphine Eppstein Pisko (1861-1942) began working at National Jewish Hospital for Consumptives as a field secretary, fund raiser, in 1900. In 1911...
Dates: 1922 June 23
Abstract Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) campus as viewed from the air. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver. In 1954 the institution changed its mission to cancer research and became the American Medical Center (AMC Cancer Research Center).
Dates: circa 1940
Abstract The Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society was known as the JCRS and was founded in Denver, Colorado in 1904 as a non-sectarian sanatorium to treat tuberculosis (TB) patients, free of charge, in all stages of the disease. The society was one of the leading tuberculosis sanatoria in the country at the turn of the century founded by a group of immigrant Eastern European Jewish men, many of whom were themselves victims of TB. Headed by Dr. Charles Spivak as Secretary (1904-1927) and by Dr. Philip...
Dates: 1897-1989; Majority of material found within 1904-1973