Colorado Woman's College
The original concept was referred to as the Denver Ladies' College. The organization was erroneously incorporated on November 14, 1888 as the Woman's College Society (amended the following July to Colorado Woman's College Society). The cornerstone for the first building was laid on March 25, 1890 but financial difficulty followed, including the Panic of 1893, and the school finally opened in 1909 as Colorado Woman's College. Its name changed to Temple Buell College in 1966, and changed again to Colorado Women's College in 1973, then merged into the University of Denver in 1982. Name valid 1888-1966.
Found in 12 Collections and/or Records:
University of Denver (DU) Pioneers women's basketball game program from January 23, 1981 for a game vs. Colorado Women's College in a game at the Field House Arena in Denver, Colorado. Program features team rosters for both teams, coaching staff, statistics, and schedule.
Panoramic photo of people in front of Treat Hall.
Box 423 contains several files concerning CWC alumnae, including a master list of donors.
Container 417 contains a portrait of James Edwin Huchingson, Colorado Woman's College President from 1933-1950.
Group of people in hats and coats. One woman is holding a shovel.
University of Denver (DU) Pioneers field hockey players fight for control of the ball during a game against Colorado Women's College. Identified are Tracy Davis and Laura Fischer.
The image depicts two unidentified persons, one a teacher guiding the student on the computer with a bookshelf in the background of an unidentified classroom, affiliated with the Univesrity of Denver, on the Colorado Women's College, in 11/1988.