Phi Sigma Delta
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
An ivory nylon fraternity (Phi Sigma Delta) handkerchief with writing and crest on the bottom right corner. The bottom right corner has ''Phi Sigma Delta'' in red letters with the crest of the fraternity in blue underneath. ''Denver 1953'' in red is under the crest.
Topics covered: Allied Jewish Federation and involvement in several other Jewish organizations (see agents), brief background, Denver Jewish community, experiences at University of Denver, War effort at home.
A group of young men pose together on the steps of an unidentified building with a dog, their mascot named Dochess. Top row left to right, Reiwitz, Lewin, and Janowitz. Next to top row left to right Edward Pringle, Berger, Schwartz, Edward Mellicker, and Richard Saliman. Bottom row left to right Friedland, Harry A. Frumess, Dochess, Hyman Chester, Milton Morris, Philip Hornbein, and Louis Dubin.
Phi Sigma Delta Fraternity was formed in 1909 at Columbia University and operated until in 1969-70, Phi Sigma Delta and Phi Epsilon Pi merged into Zeta Beta Tau. Phi Sigma Delta (Theta chapter) fraternity was organized at University of Colorado in 1919. Collection contains photographs, scrapbooks, publications, and administrative papers from Phi Sigma Delta, Theta 1918 through 1981.