Congregation Shearith Israel (Denver, Colo.)
Congregation Shearith Israel was organized in 1887 and met for services at 14th and Blake, Denver, Colorado. In 1903, Shearith Israel moved to 10th and Lawrence into a building built in 1876 and consecrated as Emmanuel Episcopalian Chapel in September 1877. Shearith Israel was informally known as the Tenth Street Shul. Congregation Shearith Israel disbanded in 1958. __ __ __Shearith Israel (Jeanne E. Abrams, Images of America: Jewish Denver, 1859-1940 (Charleston: Arcadia, 2007), 69.) Phil Goodstein, Exploring Jewish Colorado (Denver: Rocky Mountain Jewish historical Society, Center for Judaic Studies, University of Denver, 1992), 15-16. Emmanuel Gallery. ''History of the Gallery.'' Last modified August 26, 2009. http://www.emmanuelgallery.org/history.htm. Emmanual Shearith Israel Chapel (History Colorado. ''Denver City & County (D-E).'' http://www.historycolorado.org/oahp/denver-city-county-d-e.) Emmanual Shearith Israel Chapel (National Register of Historic Places. ''Colorado - Denver County.'' http://www.nationalregisterofhistoricplaces.com/co/Denver/state3.html.) Jeanne E. Abrams, Historic Jewish Denver (Denver: Rocky Mountain Jewish historical Society, Center for Judaic Studies, University of Denver, 1982), 8.
Found in 53 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Four framed black and white photographs of the interior of the Shearith Israel synagogue, informally known as the Tenth Street Shul, when it was a synagogue. The images are propped against a folding table during Irene Stein's art exhibit at the Emmanuel Gallery, formerly Shearith Israel.
Dates: 1979 June
Abstract Congregation Shearith Israel (10th Street Shul) digital copy of framed document. The document is a business card for Mr. L. (Lazarus) Wandel, president of Congregation Shearith Israel, then located at 1433 Eleventh Street in Denver.
Abstract Moe Kattz is interviewed on the Atwood Colony, 10th Street Shul (Shearith Israel), living on 11th Street, the Marion Street Shul (Oheb Zadek) and Beth HaMedrosh Hagodol.
Dates: 1979 May 20