Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Overview Members of the Allied Jewish Federation Automotive Division pose together. Front row left to right Phil Blacher, Harry Cohen - Coordinator Cabinet Member, Jake Hayutin - Chairman Automotive Division and standing back row left to right Jack Ladmar, Sanford B. Hertz, Jake Cohen, and Milt Sherman.
Overview Jacob Abraham Hayutin was born in Denver in 1895 to Russian immigrant parents. After high school, Jake married Clara Cohen, and the couple had three children, Pearl, Maurice, and Joe. Before he was twenty, Jake Hayutin and a partner started the Auto Wrecking and Metal Company, known as Jake's Place. The first two locations of the store were on Broadway in downtown Denver. In 1928, Jake erected a building at 1004 Speer Boulevard, although he lost the building during the Great Depression. In the...
Overview Jacob Hayutin talks about early Denver, Colo. and "West Side" families, including the Hayutins. He chronicles the family's arrival in the United States, and also talks about businesses in Denver. He is imterviewed by his niece Mrs. Peryle Hayutin Beck.
Overview A prayer shawl (tallit - Sephardic pronunciation, tallis - Ashkenazic pronunciation) made from white jacquard. There are woven blue stripes and a repeated woven emblem on the edges. The emblems stand for a blessing said in Hebrew before putting on the prayer shawl. Each end has long fringes (''tzitzit'' in Hebrew). Originally belonged to Max Cayton of Washington D.C., brother of Jacob Hayutin of Denver.
Overview A navy blue velvet tefillin (phylacteries) bag with a gold colored, metal zipper at the top of the bag. A Star of David and the Hebrew word ''tefillin'' are embroidered with gold floss. There is fringe sewn onto the edge of the top side. The back of the bag has no distinguishing features or ornamentation. The bag is lined in white cotton. Originally belonged to Max Cayton of Washington D.C., the brother of Jacob Hayutin of Denver.