Mote, James O., 1922-2006
Bishop James O. Mote (1922-2006) grew up in Indianapolis, Indiana, and was a Boy Scout, achieving Eagle status. He served as a chaplain's assistant in the Army during World War II, fought in the Battle of the Bulge, and was awarded a Bronze Star. He graduated from Canterbury College in Danville, Indiana in 1950 and from Nashotah House Seminary in Nashotah, Wisc. in 1951. He moved to Denver, Colorado in 1951 and was ordained as an Episcopal priest in 1952. He joined St. Mary's Church at its present location at 2290 S. Clayton Street, and was a priest at the church for 40 years.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Abstract Bishop James Mote shares the history of St. Mary's Anglican Catholic Church, which moved to the University Park area of Denver, Colorado in the 1930s. St. Mary's Church withdrew from the Episcopal Church on November 28, 1976 under his direction and joined other parishes in the Diocese of the Holy Trinity, which later became known as the Anglican Catholic Church. Bishop Mote also comments on the expansion of Denver's city limits to the south and to the east since his arrival in 1951, and notes...