Oral History Interview with Mae Manion, 1980 November 28, 2006 May 12
Ms. Manion was born in Butler County, NE, in the late 1800s. A white resident of Alliance, NE, she recounts her memories of the Afro-American families in that community and in outstate Nebraska.
- 1980 November 28
- Digitization: 2006 May 12
Language of Materials
From the Collection: Materials in English, Spanish, and other languages.
Conditions Governing Access
The Nebraska State Historical Society provides access to historical materials for educational and research purposes. For use for other purposes, contact the Historical Society (http://www.nebraskahistory.org).
Draft transcript available.
Sound quality note: Original interview poorly recorded.
- African Americans -- Alliance (Neb.)
- Alliance (Neb.) -- 20th century
- Alliance (Neb.) -- Railroad employees
- Black Studies Department, University of Nebraska-Omaha
- Great Plains Black Museum (Omaha, Neb.)
- Mae, Manion (Interviewee)
- Nebraska Association for the Study of African American Life and History
- Race relations -- Alliance (Neb.)
- Tyler, Charles