Louise Anfenger with Children, circa 1890
Louise Anfenger of Denver, Colorado sits with a baby on her lap and her five other children at her side. Milton stands left, the other boys are Joseph and Fred. The girls are Flora, Fannie, and Stella. Louis Anfenger (Louise's husband), arrived in Denver in 1870 and was a founder of Temple Emanuel, B'nai B'rith and National Jewish Hospital.
- circa 1890
Rights and Usage Statement
Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
1 items (photograph)
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: The collection contains materials intentionally assembled by the Ira M. and Peryle Hayutin Beck Memorial Archives of Jews in the Rocky Mountain region. The bulk of the photographs are from or related to various towns in Colorado, but the collection also contains photographs from other states in the western United States and other countries. There are some 19th century photograph types represented in the collection, including albumen prints, daguerrotypes, tintypes, post cards, colorized prints, cabinet cards, and cartes-de-visite.
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Good 7 x 5 inches black and white
Donated by Marjorie Hornbein.
Title supplied by archivist.
Inscription and Marks
On back of photograph: ''1883 Louise Anfenger and children, Denver, 1883 #958.'' On envelope: ''#958 Louise Anfenger and Children.''
- Anfenger family
- Anfenger, Fred
- Anfenger, Joseph
- Anfenger, Louise Schlesinger, 1847-1938
- Anfenger, Milton L. (Milton Louis), 1874-1952
- Denver (Colo.)
- Hornbein, Flora Anfenger, 1888-1964
- Jewish children
- Jewish women
- Michael, Stella Anfenger, 1877-1948
- Rinds, Fannie Anfenger, 1885-1965
- Social life and customs
- From the Collection: University of Denver. Center for Judaic Studies. Ira M. Beck Memorial Collection of Rocky Mountain Jewish History (Organization)
- From the Collection: Rocky Mountain Jewish Historical Society (Organization)