Herman and Nettie Weinberger Family, circa 1915
Formal studio portrait of Herman and Nettie Weinberger (seated center) surrounded by their twelve children. Back row left to right are Henry, Fannie, Jacob, Ethel, and Joseph; middle row left to right are Rose, Herman, Nettie, Lulu, and Simon; and front row left to right are Maurice, Jennie, Arnold, and Pauline.
- circa 1915
Rights and Usage Statement
Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
1 items (photograph)
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: The collection contains materials intentionally assembled by the Ira M. and Peryle Hayutin Beck Memorial Archives of Jews in the Rocky Mountain region. The bulk of the photographs are from or related to various towns in Colorado, but the collection also contains photographs from other states in the western United States and other countries. There are some 19th century photograph types represented in the collection, including albumen prints, daguerrotypes, tintypes, post cards, colorized prints, cabinet cards, and cartes-de-visite.
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Good 4 x 5 inches black and white
Donated by Mann
Title supplied by archivist.
Inscription and Marks
Handwritten on the back of the photograph: ''Herman Weinberger Family (all deceased), #688; Front Row: Maurice -- Moved to San Diego - became head of Fish and Game Commission; Jennie - Married Dave Levy. Moved to San Diego; (*Joseph Back Row) - Moved to San Diego. Became Dermatologist. Pres of Calif. State Medical Society; Arnold - Attorney in Denver; Pauline - married Sam Schwartz, Denver; Middle Row; Rose - Married Nathan Berkowitz - moved to Pueblo; Father - Herman Weinberger; Mother - Nettie Weinberger; Lulu - Married Sidney Klein - Moved to Salt Lake; Simon - Moved to L.A.; Back Row; Henry - Moved to San Diego. Head of Real Estate Board; Jacob - Moved to Arizona - signer of State Constitution moved to San Diego District Judge; [crossed out] Moved to [crossed out] Ethel lived in Denver; Joseph (see above).''
- Berkowitz, Rose Weinberger, 1875-1952
- Denver (Colo.)
- Jewish children
- Jewish men
- Jewish women
- Klein, Lulu Weinberger, 1892-1943
- Levy, Jennie Weinberger, 1885-1963
- Mann, Ethel Weinberger, 1886-1970
- Rosenblum, Fannie Weinberger, 1883-1965
- Schwartz, Pauline Weinberger, 1877-1964
- Weinberger, Arnold, 1894-1965
- Weinberger, Henry, 1880-1956
- Weinberger, Herman, 1844-1928
- Weinberger, Jacob, 1882-1974
- Weinberger, Joseph, 1888-1950
- Weinberger, Maurice, 1878-1957
- Weinberger, Nettie, 1847-1931
- Weinberger, Simon, 1871-1936
- From the Collection: University of Denver. Center for Judaic Studies. Ira M. Beck Memorial Collection of Rocky Mountain Jewish History (Organization)
- From the Collection: Rocky Mountain Jewish Historical Society (Organization)