Exterior of C.M. Schayer Store, between 1880-1890
Exterior of the C.M. Schayer Store owned by Charles M. Schayer, with a sign posted at the top of the building. Eight unidentified men and children stand in front and on a balcony. The store was located at 409 Blake Street in Denver, Colorado. Charles and Ricka Saft Schayer arrived in Denver by covered wagon in 1865.
- between 1880-1890
Rights and Usage Statement
Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
1 items (photograph)
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: The collection contains materials intentionally assembled by the Ira M. and Peryle Hayutin Beck Memorial Archives of Jews in the Rocky Mountain region. The bulk of the photographs are from or related to various towns in Colorado, but the collection also contains photographs from other states in the western United States and other countries. There are some 19th century photograph types represented in the collection, including albumen prints, daguerrotypes, tintypes, post cards, colorized prints, cabinet cards, and cartes-de-visite.
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Fair 13 x 9 inches black and white
Donated by Mr. Charles Schayer.
Title supplied by archivist.
Inscription and Marks
Handwritten on back of photograph: ''#114, C. M. Schayer's store on 409 Blake St circa 1874, wholesale dealers in liquors, wines & cigars; donated by Mr. Charles Schayer.''
- From the Collection: University of Denver. Center for Judaic Studies. Ira M. Beck Memorial Collection of Rocky Mountain Jewish History (Organization)
- From the Collection: Rocky Mountain Jewish Historical Society (Organization)