Group in Front of the New York Ladies Pavilion at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, 1910-1919
A group of people stand in front of the New York Pavilion at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Dr. Charles Spivak is pictured in the front row, eighth from the right. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanitorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
Rights and Usage Statement
Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
1 Items (photograph)
Scope and Contents
From the Series: This series contains a photo album, photographs, bulletin pages, drawings, lithographs, and contact sheets of the campus and buildings, patients and family, staff and volunteers, auxiliaries and conventions, and activities connected with the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society and the AMC Cancer Research Center.
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
7.75 x 9.75 inches black and white
Donated by A.M.C. Cancer Research Center as part of the J.C.R.S. Records.
Title supplied by archivist.
- From the Collection: Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (U.S.) (Organization)